Trigger Points

on Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 10:11 PM

I've developed a trigger point in my left calf. i always seem to develop one during the final week of the taper. i was hoping to avoid one this year by focusing on stretching my calves twice a day but i guess it didn't work. I've found that it usually needs 3 to 4 days for me to get the trigger point worked out using hourly massages. I'm hoping that this is just enough time to get it out before Sunday.

I've started the carbo and aqua loading process today and will probably have to wake up at some point in the middle of the night to pee since I drank three bottles of gatorade between 5pm and now. I guess it's better to drink more than risk not drinking enough!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Whoa. That's a lot of gatorade. I'm certain the calf will be back into shape come Sunday. Good Luck on the race, and I hope you report back on Sunday night! I'm going out of town Monday and I want to read all about your BQ race before I leave monday morning!

Iron Jayhawk said...

Keep hydrated and stretch. I get really horrible trigger points in my back and occassionally in my calf. I find that putting really strong 'pinpoint' pressure on the problem area helps to ease the pain. It sucks at first, but it slowly gets better.

We're thinking about you this weekend Fran! RUN FAST!

L*I*S*A said...

You're doing great, and I know we'll read great things after your race!!

Good luck!!!!

jen said...

Sounds like you know how to handle the calf thing, do you have a foam roller? Just keep massaging and it'll be fine.

Nice job on the hydration and carbonation (ha ha, lame joke). You're ready for this thing!

Best of luck and we'll all be thinking about you Sunday when you are running and eager to hear how it goes. Good luck buddy!!! :) Have fun out there!

Anonymous said...

I'm bib 235. I think they'll be offering race tracking, but don't see it yet on the website.

temp