One more week...

on Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 10:49 AM

Today, I did my last long run prior to the marathon next Sunday. Plan called for 12 miles but I ended up doing 13. Nice and cool this morning with temperatures similar to what they're predicting for race day so that's all good.

Lap Lap Time HR Avg
Lap Lap Time HR Avg
1 09:00.3 132
8 08:01.6 155
2 08:16.4 147
9 07:57.7 156
3 08:17.8 150
10 08:02.9 156
4 07:53.5 153
11 08:15.8 152
5 08:07.4 154
12 08:17.1 151
6 08:05.3 153
13 07:43.8 158
7 07:52.0 156




I think the taper is starting to do it's thing cause my HR was way down and it seems that the paces generally coincided with my HR (when the pace goes up, HR is up). I put together this nifty graph (can you tell I have a lot of free time lately...) relating my average HR to the pace. I only ended up using miles 5 and on since the first few miles I would consider warm-up. Pretty good correlation between HR and pace. If I extrapolate the line to my Boston pace, it's predicting a HR of 164 or so, but I'm sure it would be a little higher. I'd be happy with a HR of 170 at that pace. I have a 7 mile run with 2 @ MP this week so I'll find out how close the prediction is then.

Total for the week was 33 miles. Upcoming week is as follows:

Tuesday: 6 mile recovery
Wednesday: 7 miles including 2 miles @ marathon pace
Friday: 5 miles recovery including 6 strides
Saturday: 2 miles recovery
Sunday: MARATHON DAY!!

Okay now I'm starting to get excited!!!

9 comments:

yumke said...

Good going.. enjoy the week and rest up. You working the full week? You find that running Friday and Saturday as Pfitzinger prescribes helps keep you sharp?

Arcane said...

yeah I'm working all week. I was toying with the idea of taking Friday off, and may still do so.

I think the Friday run with strides is important since it reminds the body that it can run fast. I don't think the Saturday run is that important though. I skipped it last year and didn't notice it. Pfitz' plan has 4 miles scheduled for that day, but I didn't want to do that much so I cut it in half to only 2 miles.

Quinto Sol said...

I am excited for you... may the weather gods cooperate in your quest for a BQ... you certainly have trained for it. Good luck next week!

yumke said...

Well, look forward to cheering you on. JellyP, Frankie are also running that day. Hope I can convince them to stay around the finish line to cheer you in..

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Hey!!!!!
Only a week away!! I can feel the excitement! Eat lots of carbs, drink up, and have fun! I may actually be on the race course cheering you on, I have a few friends running the half!
Im sure you'll meet your goal!

Colleen said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait for this week to be over so I can read your race report already. Have a great week!

L*I*S*A said...

I can't wait to read all about it. You're going to rock this marathon!!

Perry said...

Fran, love the graphs and correlations. Your heart-rate numbers look almost exactly like mine. Not sure if I'm going to try for a BQ but you're giving me confidence I could if I wanted to try.

Good luck and I look forward to reading about your success. If you see Michal at the race, make sure you say 'Hi'.

Perry, 44
The Average Joggler

jen said...

Eeeeee! I am excited for you!! :) Not only the usual marathon day excitement, but the "omg I'm going to Boston" excitement....

Stay relaxed and remember "less is more" at this point. Have a great week!

temp