Slow is me...

on Sunday, February 8, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Headed downtown to do my long run today which ended up being about 12.5 miles. Quite a few people out running. Averaged about 9:15 pace but that included a couple of portions when I walked a bit cause my HR was spiking. This tends to happen right when I start back up after I've stopped for a traffic light or today where I had to get rid of a pebble in my shoe. I would normally just completely stop and wait for the HR to get back under control, but i was a bit pressed for time and ended up walking through it and it seemed to get the HR back under control more quickly. I think next time, rather than stop at the traffic light, i will jogg in place to keep the HR up since coming to a complete stop seems to be what causes it. This run felt hard. This is the longest distance I've run in over a month and my HR is higher than it normally would be. I know this will come down with continued training, but these things are always humbling.

I brought my cell phone down with me today. It was a bit awkward to run with it since it's a bit on the heavy side and I only had a chest pocket and one in the back of my pants. While it was in my chest pocket, I think it was interfering with my HR signal which it why there's a weird reading in the above graph at the start. I then moved it to my butt pocket but I'm sure it looked weird from behind. Took a few pics. Sorry for the crappy resolution.

Snow Covered Boardwalk



Winter Swans

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always seem to get cool pictures of wildlife. Can't say I envy you with the snow though.

I spoke this morning with Dave McGillivray , the race director for the Boston marathon(and an accomplished athlete in his own right). Anyway , he's supposed to back to me with an answer by the end of the week.

As you might imagine, allowing someone like me to enter the marathon as a mobility impaired athlete has never happened before.
Right now the medical board along with the BAA board of directors and the legal dept for the city of Boston are all reviewing the request.

You'll be the first to know if I'm approved.

If I don't get into Boston, I still have plans to do Rome.

Good luck on the rest of your training!

temp