Poodle Puppy...

on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Headed out this morning to do 9 miles with 4 @ LT pace. Pretty good weather. It was -10C but there was no wind which is how i like it. Most of the snow has melted and the track at the local high school is clear. Decided to head out and do the LT run there. Did a very slow 3 mile jog to the track and then did 17 laps (4.2 miles)at LT pace.

Ran the LT part by HR trying to keep it at just under 180. I ended up averaging 7:23 pace for the LT portion. This however included one lap where I had to stop because a guy walking his poodle let him off the leash and he started running beside me. I slowed down a bit hoping that the dog would get bored and go back to his owner who was yelling for him, but he just stayed with me. He then starting bumping into my legs. I don't think he was trying to bite me or anything, but i ended up having to stop cause he was so small and I was afraid that I might accidentally kick the poor little guy.

Finished off with another 2.3 miles at about 9min pace. Total for the day was about 9.5 miles @ about 8:40 pace.

3 comments:

jen said...

Nice run!

I've had little doggies run along with me like that, it bugs me a LOT. Why would you even bring your dog to a track? Anyway, good job not kicking it. :)

Anonymous said...

ahhh what a cutie ! I know it can be annoying, but I'm sure he just wanted to play.

Sonia said...

Love the new look of the blog!

And here I thought you adopted a little poodle!! LOL Not the best running partner, especially at your fast paces!

My dog runs in my legs when he's tired of running with me but again he's attached to me with his leash... if you can't control your dog off leash he shouldn't be off leash!!

temp