Accomodations

on Monday, February 9, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Rest day today, my quads are a bit sore. I tried the foam roller thing today for the first time in a while and it hurt bad.

So I'm signed up to do the Around the Bay 30k race at the end of March. The race takes place in Hamilton and is supposed to be older than Boston. Unfortunately Hamilton is not known for its tourism and doesn't seem to have much in the way of hotel space as I've been having a hard time trying to find a room close to the start. I'm tentatively booked at a place about 6 miles away. Looks like I will be driving to the start line on race morning.

This got me looking at Ottawa hotels as well for their marathon, but it's a bit hard to judge right now how many nights I will stay in Ottawa and whether I will drive there or fly there or sit on a train. I've got family in Ottawa so I might try and see if they'll put me up for a night, but if I'm staying longer, I'll probably want a hotel room.

Here was an interesting video I saw on digg today.

Youtube Link
There's a bit of running in it, kinda.

2 comments:

jen said...

Very cool video.

I thinkit's awsome you are pacing a full marathon! I know you'll do great.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of accommodations, can you recommend any for the Boston marathon?

Looks like I'll be taking you up on on that dinner offer.

I'm In!

temp