Ottawa Marathon...

on Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Did 9 miles outside yesterday at about 9:45 pace. I'm still having problems getting up in the morning to get out so i did it late in the evening. I'm going to try for about a 12 to 13 mile run tomorrow and am considering driving downtown for it tomorrow. Running the same route up here in the burbs is getting boring, plus we're supposed to get some rain today and with temperatures being above freezing and the massive amounts of melting snow that is around, there's going to be a crap load of flooded and puddled sidewalks.

I've volunteered to be the 3:50 pace bunny at the Ottawa marathon which is on May 24. I've had fun pacing half's before. This will be the first time I try to pace a full. I think the pace shouldn't be a problem, but a part of me is concerned about the unknown of being on my feet for almost 4 hours which is something I have not done in a couple of years. I will get a better judge of it after Boston where I hope to run slower than 4:10 so if that goes well, then Ottawa should be a breeze. I also put my name into the hat to pace the Mississauga half, but a decision won't be made on that till the end of February.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. What is the allure of pacing?

yumke said...

Great stuff -- you have a goal time for Boston now? I'm feeling really blah this winter. I was eyeing Ottawa but I don't think that's going to happen this year. Have fun with the long run.

Arcane said...

Only time goal is to go slower than 4:10 for a PW for the marathon distance. The pace might be a bit too slow if I ran it continuously, but I've been toying with the idea of bringing a camera and taking a picture of myself in front of every mile marker. That would force me to stop and smell the roses, so to speak.

Quinto Sol said...

Trust me. You do not want to run THAT "slow." It is torture when you have run as fast as 3:10... BUT, who knows, you may have a ball...

You may want to try for a 3:30-3:40 and still have lots of fun... especially being your first Boston...

temp