It's cold

on Monday, March 2, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Did 12.1 miles outside yesterday for my recovery week long run. Nice and sunny but quite cold at -10C and windy. Bundled up pretty good and felt good after a few warm up miles. Overall pace was at 8:58. First three miles were @9:26 pace and the last 9.1 miles @ 8:50 pace. When I got home I noticed my reflection in a window showing me that I had icicles hanging down from the sides of my toque. I was so surprised by them and how foolish i looked that I knocked them off right away. I wish I had gotten a picture first to remind me whenever I want to wuss out of a run.

It looks like I may get a chance to get that picture tomorrow though cause the temperature predicted for 6am tomorrow is -19C without the wind chill which is when i would normally head out for a morning run. At least there's no snow, like some parts of the NE US are getting. Just have to convince myself that getting out won't be so bad...

1 comments:

yumke said...

Ha, I knew you would get into it!

temp