Soreness

on Saturday, March 14, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Did 11 miles on Friday with about 6 miles at an LT pace of 7:18 pace. I ran into the HR spiking problem which has plagued me in the past and it was hard to get a judge of effort level. Maybe I could have gone faster, don't really know. Did these again around the track which is good for helping me maintain a constant pace, but I'd like to get back to do my shopping mall LT route since that's got some small hills in it to keep me honest. Won't be able to do that until the huge piles of snow have melted. Next LT is scheduled for end of March so hopefully mother nature will warm things up soon.

Did 6 miles recovery today at about 9:45 pace. I tried the new Asics shoes again today. This is the third time I've run in them. The soles of my feet don't hurt as much as they did the first time I used them, but I'm noticing that a bunch of other muscles in my legs are starting to get sore. I'm uncertain if it's the new shoes or if it's that my older shoes have worn out or if it's because i'm approaching 55 miles/week threshold again which has given me issues in the past or whether its a combination of all of them. Either way 20 miles is on the scheudle for tomorrow. What shoes to wear? Maybe I'll flip a coin...

1 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

great job on the speedy run! Hope the 20 miles went well for you today :)

temp