5505...

on Tuesday, March 17, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Bib numbers for the Boston marathon came out today. No, I'm not one of those obsessive compulsive people who check the Boston website every day to see if the numbers have been published. Thankfully there are a bunch of people on the Runner's World forum that are that way, though I will admit to checking the RW forums to see if anyone else has posted that the numbers are up. I suppose that's just as bad. Anyhow, the whole reason this was of interest was there was a contest to see who could come closest to predicting their bib number. These numbers are handed out sequentially based on qualifying time. Based on previous years entries, I knew that I would be in the 5000's and the number 8 is a lucky number in chinese and so i chose two of those and then to make the number look symetrical, I decided on 5588 which wasn't too far off my actual number of 5505. Still there are a lot of others who were closer.

So this morning I did 6 miles recovery at about 9:35 pace. Did these in the new Asics (BTW I did my 20 mile long run in my old shoes). My longest mid week run of 14 miles is tomorrow and I'll probably do that in my old shoes and then switch over to the Asics for good this weekend. Those shoes should carry me through to Boston and to the taper for the Ottawa marathon where I will then switch to a new pair of my old shoes.

6 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

wow good guess! 5505 looks like a good number too :)

jen said...

Wow, that is a LOW number! Congrats. Exciting that the race is coming up soon!!

Quinto Sol said...

I'll trade you my bib: 5858 :-)

I knew we'd be in the same corral... I was just hoping you'd have a similar goal :-/

Are your folks still coming?

Love2Run said...

Want to trade for the 9th corral ;-) Just kidding. You earned your spot! Good luck!

Vava said...

8 is my favorite number! And thanks for visiting my blog - much appreciated. Wow, Boston! And you are also running ATB just a couple of weeks before? I guess 30k for me is still a massive milestone, but for a marathoner it be just a training run. Good luck!

yumke said...

Coming up quick!

temp