Week in Review

on Friday, March 27, 2009 at 6:29 AM

Did 8 miles on Tuesday. From past experience, my first run after a marathon pace run tends to be pretty crappy and it was on this day. Most of this was done at recovery pace. It was cool but not windy so i headed over to the track to do some pacing tests. I usually do these a couple of times a year too see where my fitness is at where I try to maintain a HR of 150 and see how long it takes me to do a lap. On this day, it was just under 9:00 min/mile

Did 8 miles on Wednesday. This was the first VO2Max session for this training program. 5x600m at 5k pace. I wanted to aim for 6:40 pace for these, did the first one at 6:11 pace. That hurt. The remaining ones I did between 6:30 and 6:35 pace. These were tough. Did not feel very fluid while doing these.

Did 5.4 miles on Thursday at about 9:45 pace. This was a recovery run.

Picked up some new running clothes yesterday. The building I work in houses Nike's headquarters for Canada and they will about once a year throw a sale where they try to get rid of all the samples that they gather over the year. A couple of years ago, you could get some great deals. I bought a $100 watch for $15 a while back. Usually the sizes are limited. The past couple of years, it's been more of a "sell whatever crap no once else wants" kind of sale. This year it was a bit more organized and they had quite a bit of stuff. There wasn't a lot of running stuff. They had leftover technical shirts from the Nike human race which I think must have been from Vancouver since that was the only Canadian city to host that race last year. I did pick up a pair of tights, some shorts, a sleeveless-T and a long sleeved top. Spent $90. They had shoes, but no running shoes. I was hoping to get another pair of Nike Frees, but no luck.

2 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

love those sales, but you're right, most of the time, it's just their garbage left over. have a great weekend, hope we stay dry on sunday!!

jen said...

Wow, you did pretty well at the sale! The Shamrock Run I did a couple weeks ago was sponsered by Adidas whose corporate HQ is here in Portland. We got 50% off everything in the store that day! It was rad.

Amazing pace on those intervals. I think you have to be pretty freaking special to actually feel smooth at that pace. You're only human, no offense. :P Great runs all around. Good luck with your long one this weekend!

temp