11 weeks to go

on Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 5:32 PM

18 miles done today at about 8:50 pace. I'm a bit fearful of these every increasing long run's cause it's been a while since I've run this long. I'm always afraid of bonking. Last couple of miles were a bit tough. My HR monitor gave me some problems towards the end. Also I had some strange pains in my shin areas. Kinda like the pains that have bugged me in the past, so I have to keep my eye on them. This was a 50.9 mile week. Next week is supposed to be a 54 mile week which includes the first of three 20 milers.

I noticed this past week in a thread on Runner's World that Pfitz released a new edition of his book Advanced Marathoning. I'm following one of his plans now and some of you out there in blogland are or have in the past also. I'm not sure it's worth buying again. Someone posted the differences in the 18/55 training plan which is the one I'm following and it seems that they've added an additional marathon pace run and made a few minor tweaks here and there. There's supposed to be additional information in the book, but I'm not sure how useful it might be.

3 comments:

jen said...

Hmm, new Pfitz edition... might have to look into it for my next marathon (which is not anytime soon).

Great job on the long run!!

jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yumke said...

Hey, I do have the new edition. My girlfriend bought it for me recently. I haven't pored over it much but I notice they've bolstered some chapters and tehre are more pictures that show exercises you can do. I'll report more if I have time.

temp