Setting up for ATB

on Friday, March 27, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Went back to the Nike sale today. Took another look at the shoes. It wasn't too much of a zoo today. I ended up picking up a pair for $50. The couple of shoes I looked at yesterday had these really funky colour schemes. This pair wasn't too bad. The forefoot of these things actually has the nike free treads but I don't think I could run in them cause the back part of the soles looks to be made of some really cheapo plastic/rubber. They look cool though. This picture doesn't quite do it justice. You can read and see more about them here.

As for the 30k race this weekend. I'll be doing it at my expected pace for a 3:50 marathon of approximately 8:47 pace or 5:27/km. Hope to try and maintain a consistent pace through the whole thing. It's supposed to be rainy and windy so that's not looking too good. But hey if I can pace properly through that then it should be no problem come May.

2 comments:

yumke said...

Hey! Good luck at ATB, maybe i'll seek ya out and run with ya.. i'm feel pretty blah about giving it all. Should be a fun race

Steve said...

They look like combat boots!...just kidding.

Actually, I like the look. Definitely for a runner with that high profile heel.

temp