Film Fest

on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Did 11.2 miles this morning at about 8:30 min/mile. I've developed a bit of a blister on one of my toes. It actually started a few weeks ago during my last 20 mile run when I decided to try my pair of Injinji socks. I never really liked them and now I remember why. I can safely say that I will probably never wear those things again for a run.

As I mentioned before, I bought a 10 ticket book of tickets to the Toronto film festival in the hopes of seeing the "Spirit of the Marathon" but it didn't make it into the festival. I picked up my package yesterday and have to choose 10 films, but haven't really been motivated to look through the descriptions of the movies to pick some. I just ended up picking movies that were conveniently located and at convenient times. I'm pretty sure most of them are going to suck. There was one movie that caught my eye called, Run, Fat Boy, Run that is directed by David Schwimmer (ie, Ross from Friends) that is basically about a guy who decides to run a marathon to impress a girl. I guess this will have to do for my inspiration. I certainly hope he finishes the marathon as it's not going to be much of a motivator if he doesn't!

7 comments:

jellypepper said...

I was looking forward to "Spirit" too. Fat Boy may have to do... maybe I'll see you there! I haven't made a personal must-see list either (just a must-do list for work), though I'm a sucker for Midnight Madness.

L*I*S*A said...

I'm looking forward to "Spirit" in any capacity. I've heard so much about it, and I have watched that trailer over and over again!

Kristi said...

That sounds like an awesome time...although David Schwimmer kind of pisses me off...something about him just really irks me. Oh well, I guess if he's not actually in the movie, but just behind the camera...

jen said...

Well that film sounds interesting.. I've heard a couple stories like that- running a marathon to impress a girl :D It's no Spirit, but it'll have to do. Have fun!

Oh, and great job on the run as well :)

Sonia said...

You tried new socks that you don't like much on a 20 miler... ???!!!! You live dangerously Francis!!! lol

Hope you enjoy the film festival

Colleen said...

Blisters are just an added bonus to running. It's like a war wound that you can look at and remember "hey I got that lovely blister on my 20 mile run." Wear that blister proudly before it's gone! :)

The Film Festival sounds like fun. Hope you get to see a few good movies while you're there.

Anonymous said...

Yeah it probably wasn't smart to wear those socks. I thought they were supposed to help with blisters and I tried them again cause someone at work mentioned them to me. I'll have to trust the gut instinct next time.

temp