My achy tummy...

on Friday, August 17, 2007 at 8:11 PM

Did 11 miles on Wednesday after I got home from work. With the race tomorrow in the evening, I thought I try and run in the evening a couple of times to get accustomed to it. Plus I could load up on carbs and protein after eating dinner. Averaged about 8:20 pace. I ate a pretty big dinner afterwards but I don't think my stomach was prepared to deal with it. I had tummy pains for the rest of the evening and couldn't even get to sleep until about 2am.

So today is slightly different. I'm supposed to do 4 recovery miles with 6 strides today and trying to avoid what happend last time, I ate dinner first and now I"m just waiting for the stuff to digest a bit before I head out for my run. Also,I just got back from my ART appointment since I couldn't reschedule it and I want to let the muscles settles down a bit. He said I should try and avoid running with a brace if at all possible so i'm going to try and do that today and for the race tomorrow.

As for the race, the weather is looking okay. They're predicting 18C for the start time with a humidity of 50%. Not quite as cool as I'd like, but it'll have to do. I'm been fooling around with the race predictors all day trying to figure out what goal time I should have for this and haven't come to a consensus yet. I think realistically that at this point of training I would have to be able to maintain a 7min/mile pace for the whole 15km at a minimum to even consider being able to do a BQ pace in a little over a month from now. How much faster, if that's even possible, I don't know.

1 comments:

yumke said...

Good seeing you again. Congrats on the race result.

temp