Still on the mend

on Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 6:21 AM

Firstly, looking back at my Wednesday run, I guess you are all right that the times aren't that bad and I would have been happy to have been able to run those last year. My one main issue is that there isn't much margin for error if I'm to BQ this fall. In my experience, my LT runs have to be at least 20s faster than my marathon pace and not being able to hit that has been a bit demoralizing since it means that BQ is looking less likely. I'm hoping that the cooler weather will bring faster paces though. I may try and squeeze in a few LT miles during my long runs during the cooler weather to see where I'm at.

Friday: Did 12 miles@ around 8:25 pace, though the second half was probably around 8:00 pace or so. I didn't end up redoing my LT run since the inside of my knee has still been achy. I decided to try out a Cho-pat knee brace for the first time. I purchased this off e-bay back in the spring but by the time it had been delivered I'd already decided to take time off of running and didn't end up needing it. This run felt a bit awkward with this thing on and for some reason I was expecting the miraculous elimination of knee pain when running. Not quite so. There was still some discomfort at the beginning of the run, though it seemed to go away towards the end of the run and hence the faster second half.

So I purchased a 10 ticket booklet for the Toronto film fest. I wasn't going to do the film fest this year due to a pretty busy September for me. But I went over my schedule yesterday and it doesn't seem so bad. This may still change towards the end of the month. I've been hoping to see the Spirit of the Marathon to give me some motivation. The website indicated that they were trying to get it into the Toronto festival, but the film festival hasn't announced all their movies yet and there's no word at this point if this movie is going to be there, so i'm kinda hedging my bets. By purchasing the booklet now, I get access to the advanced ticketing process which means I will get a shot at getting tickets to it before the general public, if it in fact is even going to be shown. Official movie list comes out on August 21st, so I'll know then if it was money well spent.

I'm off to do a 5 mile recovery run now in preparation for a 20 miler tomorrow. Happy running all!

3 comments:

yumke said...

Good luck with getting your LTs in. I would think it's the weather and maybe even the fact you did an early morning run?

I read about that movie.. would be cool to see it for sure.. looks really slick. Have fun with the 20 miler... Will see you next week perhaps at the 15K run?

Sonia said...

I'd really like to see that one too.

Good luck on the 20 miler tomorrow

L*I*S*A said...

I've been following this movie for over a year now. I can't wait to see it!

temp