Ankle Pain

on Sunday, March 18, 2007 at 10:11 PM

I was supposed to do 8 miles on Saturday with another 14 miles today. I've been trying to baby a bit of an ankle/shin pain and it seemed to be getting better. I've been icing it and wrapping it in a tensor bandage. It seemed to be much better on saturday morning, but I decided to skip the Saturday run just to make sure. This upcoming week is the highest mileage week of the whole training plan and I wanted to make sure it was okay. I headed out this morning for a 14 mile run and though I was able to get through it at about a 8:50 pace, i was limping for the rest of the day. I think I wasn't completely recovered. I'm going to try icing my ankle a bit more. I have a 12 mile run with 7@LT pace on Wednesday. If I can't get through that, I'm going to have to reevaluate my training plan and my goal race.

5 comments:

Donald said...

Hi - Thanks for commenting on my blog recently (and sorry for the delayed response). I hope your injury situation works out OK.

Good luck with getting the BQ this year - it's a very rewarding goal to reach.

Mike said...

run strong my friend, but don't hurt anything

jen said...

Good idea to ice and rest that ankle. Take it day-by-day though, don't weigh yourself down by thinking about your goal race at this point. You have weeks and weeks of intense training, and a few days off won't change a thing. I hope it's better really soon. Sending healing vibes your way!

Sonia said...

Hope the ankle gets better, rest and ice is the best medicine. Although if it keeps coming back you should consider seeing a doctor. If it's soft tissue related then the chiropractor could look at it, but if it's bone related then it's a bigger deal... anyway I don't want to make you freak out. I'm just overly concerned myself about injuries!!! They are a huge bummer! Good luck and keep us posted!

Ryan said...

Dude, this sounds rough. Everyone is fricken injured, it seems. Rest is the best medicine. Hope the icing works out.

temp