Last LT pace workout!!

on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 at 10:30 PM

I just spent the last 4 hours reading movie summaries for the film festival. I have to drop off my movie picks tomorrow after work, but I'm having a really hard time trying to decide on which days to take off.

I did 12 miles with 7 @ LT pace this morning. I remember looking at todays workout at the beginning of my training and wondering how I would ever be able to do 7 continuous miles at LT pace. I guess I've come a long way since that time. I wasn't sure this morning how this was going to work out after reading about Bob's trouble with his own LT run and recalling my miserable 12 mile long run a few days ago. The run actually went surprisingly well.

Lap Lap Time Avg
3 07:23.2 163
4 07:25.7 168
5 07:17.0 170
6 07:15.6 172
7 07:13.1 173
8 07:08.5 174
9 07:02.3 175

The HR was about perfect and I managed negative splits for all but the first mile and actually managed a PR somewhere in there since my average pace for this LT run is actually faster than my 10km PR. My knee is still giving me a bit of a problem though. It doesn't hurt during the run, but it's sore afterwards.

This was the last LT training run for this training session, though I do intend on doing both a half and a 10km as tune-up races so I will obviously have to revisit LT pace for those things. After this week, I enter the "Race Preparation" phase of Pfitz' schedule which moves away from threshold and endurance runs to speedwork and races. I hope the body holds up till taper time.

3 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

Nicely done :)

Triseverance said...

Great job dude, I am getting my ass kicked left and right this week. :)

Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to the race cycle far more then I was the LT cycle.

We are getting down to it now.

Ryan said...

Sweet splits!!! You're on your way with those numbers. I can relate to your comment around looking at the numbers early on. Never dreamed I'd be able to pull off all of these miles and speed work. Keep it up!

temp