Long Run

on Sunday, May 20, 2007 at 7:49 PM

Saturday: 5km recovery run
Today: 15.5 mile long run.

After doing a half last week at a fairly fast pace, I thought I'd push the distance to 15 miles this week and slow down. It's been almost 10 weeks since I ran that distance. Averaged a little under 9 min/miles while trying to keep the HR under 160. Did the run by the lake and it was quite windy in places. My left calf is still tight and has been for a couple of days now. Right now my inner shin has the same dull achy feeling that I felt a few months ago that eventually forced me to stop running. I'm hoping that the dull achy pain is really a result of the tight calf and that it'll go away once the calf loosens up and that it's not some symptom of another problem. I've been constantly massaging my calf and using an ultrasonic device I purchased a while back. I'm still not sure if the ultrasonic thing is actually doing anything, but i'm going to keep using it just in case it does.

3 comments:

yumke said...

Happy Victoria Day. I ran yesterday and it was on the verge of being cold.. the wind didn't help at all.

jen said...

Great long run! Glad to hear you are being cautious about your legs, but still getting good miles in. Keep it up! :)

Clay said...

I had some tightness behnind my knee last year before St. George. Tight to the point that I could hardly walk. I used a Solaris machine by Dynatronics that loosened it up. See if there is a doc close that uses it. It helped -- ran my fastest marathon. Good luck.

temp