Race signup

on Thursday, May 31, 2007 at 9:12 PM

Did 6.6 miles this morning including 11 strides. I was supposed to only do 10, but it's hard to keep track of them when one is running and I ended up doing an extra one by accident. I did a 3 mile warmup and then did 6 strides over the next 3 miles. I would do each stride then slow down to long run pace basically trying to recover while constantly running. By the end of the 6, I was going slower than recovery pace for the recovery portions, though the strides were getting progressively faster. I ended up doing the last 5 with walking recoveries. I probably should have eaten a gel or something before hand. My left knee was a bit sore afterwards and it's bothering me a bit now. I've been thinking of getting a sports massage or trying ART to deal with the knee pain. I've never had a massage before other than those free ones they give you at races. Hopefully, the massages won't hurt too much.

Oh yeah, I signed up for both the 15k race in August and the 5k race this weekend. I'm not sure what goal I should have for the 5k. My official 5k PR is 21:30 set about a year ago, but I also ran the first 5k of a 10k last November in 21:15. Last year, I did most of my interval workouts at what I was guessing to be my 5k pace of 6:40 min/mile which is about 20:42. I'm thinking that's about where I'm at right now. Will know for certain come Saturday...

1 comments:

yumke said...

What race did you sign up for in August?

temp