Long day

on Friday, May 11, 2007 at 12:18 AM

Just got home from work and I'm exhausted.
Did 7 miles total this morning with about 4 at LT pace, which has dropped off quite significantly since last year. Wanted to do 4 continuously, but realized at the end of mile 2 that i was in pretty bad shape. Ended up stopping for a 2 minute walking recovery.

07:16.4
07:32.5
07:27.7
07:37.3


It's been 7 weeks since I last did an LT run so I kinda was expecting this to suck and suck it did. Hopefully this will improve somewhat over the next 2 weeks as then I start an 18 week marathon training cycle.

I had intended to sign up for a half marathon this weekend to do my long run. Today was the last day before the price went up, but was still pretty expensive at $60. Unfrotunately I didn't get around to it until late in the day and when I tried to sign up, I found out they the online registration had closed which means I would have to sign up at the expo and pay $75 which is highway robbery! My brain isn't working properly right now so I"ll have to decide tomorrow. (umm, later today).

3 comments:

LeahC said...

nice LT miles! LT runs suck while you are doing them, but I always find that they are the most rewarding after the fact.

L*I*S*A said...

While I know you are disappointed in your latest run, I think it's fantastic! You are speedy...

yumke said...

Is the mississauga you were thinking of ? It's a nice half marathon.. good luck in getting back into form..

temp