Strides

on Thursday, April 3, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Did a little over 6 miles today of recovery including 6 strides. Average pace for the whole run was around 9:20 pace. The strides are starting to feel easier. They've been sort of awkward to do these past few weeks. The co-ordination just didn't seem right. Today I was able to power through them. Hope it's a good sign for the race this weekend.

I was downtown this morning and decided to make a little bit of a detour to pick up my race kit for Saturday's race. While driving to the pick up spot, I noticed a big line-up that had formed on the side walk. Not sure what it was till I saw a sign that said something about free chicken, limit of 10 pounds! Huhh??! That's quite a bit. I only found out by listening to the radio later in the day that a local butcher had won 14 million in a lottery last week and decided to spread the wealth by giving away the chicken. You can read about it and see the sign here.

4 comments:

Quinto Sol said...

Good luck on Saturday...

jellypepper said...

I'll look out for ya this weekend. Have a great race!

yumke said...

Good luck. Maybe i'll pace off you :)

Sonia said...

I saw the guy in the newspaper this morning! I tought it was hilarious! lol

Good luck on the race Sunday!

temp