Beef of the day...

on Tuesday, April 8, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Did 6 miles recovery this morning. Tried out the Nike Free's for the first time outdoors. Run seemed to go fine. Averaged just under 9 min/mile for the whole thing. I had to remind myself throughout the run to slow down. I've decided that I'm going to have to force myself to go slower than 9min/mile on recovery runs. I tried out the long sleeve t-shirt I got at the race on Saturday. It's a bright neon green colour. I generally don't like flashy colours, but it was a free shirt so I couldn't complain. The thing is way too big. It was a New Balance medium mens and I was thoroughly swimming in it. I noticed that my long sleeve New Balance shirt that I got last year from a 15k race I did was also on the big side. Have to remember to request a small the next time i find out that the shirts are from New Balance.

Tomorrow morning has 10 miles including 4x1200m VO2Max sessions. First opportunity since last November to get some interval work in at the local track. Tomorrow also is the day where they are showing "Spirit of the Marathon" in Canada which I will finally get to see.

My beef of the day is with Runner's World. I've been a loyal subscriber for about 6 years now and the magazine seems to get repetitive after a while, but I still subscribe to it on the off chance that there will be an interesting tidbit or story every once in while. Anyhow I got my most recent issue yesterday. I got home today to find the exact same issue in my mailbox. I thought that maybe there was a mixup and they sent it out twice. What had actually happened was that the Scotiabank marathon which i ran last year is giving a three issue trial subscription to all those who ran the marathon last year. Since my race name is different from the name I'm subscribed under, they must have assumed that I'm two different people.

I'm not so mad that i'm going to get three duplicate issues of a magazine I'm already going to receive anyways, though I guess I'm contributing to the killing of some defenseless tress by not doing anything about it. What I'm mad at is that the rate they are offering new subscriptions is way less than I'm currently paying. I renewed a couple of months ago for 1 year at $35. They are offering new subscriptions the incredible rate of $30 for 2 years. That's just not fair. I can understand trying to bring in more customers but that discounted rate really irks me.

4 comments:

yumke said...

You could always donate your extra copy somewhere :) where are you catching the movie? we'll be at the former paramount...

Arcane said...

I'll be seeing it up in Richmond Hill since it's close to where I work.

Sonia said...

YOU TREE KILLER! LOL just kidding, not your fault. I've decided not to renew my subscription to RW and get the new Canadian running magazines instead. Yay canada! lol

soleslide said...

Multiple copies are better than no copies. RW has a BIG problem with shipping the magazine to India which is where I live. I get only evry other issue at best :(

temp