Maxed out MP

on Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Did 19.25 miles today with a little over 14 miles @ marathon pace. I used HR as a guide trying to keep the MP below 170. Averaged 7:31 pace for the marathon portion. This has gotten me into a bit of a rut. The last time I did a MP back in January, I also averaged 7:31 pace while using HR as a guide. My PR for my marathon back in 2006 is 7:31 pace and the marathon I did back in January was done at 7:32 pace. I hope I haven't hit my internal marathon speed limit cause I still need to drop another 15 seconds off.

I still haven't gotten a chance to calibrate my foot pod thingy and it's still off by quite a bit. According to it, I only did 17.8 miles.

So total for the week was a whopping 63.8 miles in 6 days of running. First time I've gotten over 60 miles in a week. This upcoming week is supposed to be 67 miles.

5 comments:

Quinto Sol said...

Give it some time... there are days that I can't even hold MP for a couple of miles...

Your training is going great.

Triseverance said...

It's tough, but it's only one day. I struggle and question my ability all the time.
Bottome line is to break through a plateau you likely will have to change something. Do something different from the same ol stuff. That is the best advice I have for you. Good luck.

yumke said...

Nah, I think you definitely have faster times in you. You've gone from marathon straight into harder training so maybe after your next marathon, you can build in some easy running time (maybe a month to six weeks?)

That said, 63 miles and 67 miles is quite impressive! You're doing the pfitz between marathon plan, correct? I've eyed the 70 mile marathon plan and it looks doable but only if you have the time. I'm always worried about 6 days of running a week and what that would do to recovery...

jen said...

Wow congrats on the 60+ mileage week. You're crazy!

jen said...

Wow congrats on the 60+ mileage week. You're crazy!

temp