Running in the Evening

on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 at 11:41 PM


Did 5 mile recovery run this evening. We got a couple cm's of snow that partially melted and then refroze so some of the sidewalks were covered in ice. For the whole 5 miles, I averaged 9:50 pace which is really slow for me. My HR was way down. I usually like to keep it just below 150, but I was less than 140 for most of the run. I've noticed lately that running in the evening allows me to run at a lower HR than I would otherwise. I think it has something to do with me being all carbed up by the time I get around to running in the evening whereas morning runs I tend to do on an empty stomach having not eaten anything for a good 9 hours or so.

I'm going to try and do some 1k intervals tomorrow evening. The ice means the track is out of the question so it looks like I'll be trying to do them at the gym. Haven't tried intervals at the gym before so this will be a learning experience.

2 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

I find that I do pretty good intervals on the TM at the gym. It's a good way for me to get 'em done!

Sonia said...

Intervals in the winter is more challenging than just getting up to the right speed!! Our riverfront path was like a skating rink this week!

temp