Last bit of speedwork

on Wednesday, November 1, 2006 at 8:24 PM

I'm just getting over a bit of a cold. I've been sleeping 9 hours a night for the past couple of days and does it ever feel good. No more having to get up at 5am in the morning to head out for a 12 mile run.

I decided to head to the track after work today to get some speed work in prior to my last race of the season this weekend. I guess it will be the last time I run around a track until next year.
I have to say that I'm a bit lost in how to prepare for a 10k a week before the race. There really isn't a one week training plan for a 10k race out there so I decided to just do a 1200m, an 800m and 2x400m intervals at 5k race pace. I threw in a couple of strides afterwards. It was way too dark though.

I've been gorging on chocolate for the last couple of days. I purchased way too much stuff for Halloween and I have about 4 pounds of chocolate leftover. I think I'll try and pawn some it off on my co-workers tomorrow.

So I splurged and purchased a CD of all my photos from the Chicago marathon and the DVD of me running. Oh well, what's another $150? None of my photos were outstanding, but there were about 20 of them taken which is pretty good so i figure it's worth it. I'm really interested in getting the DVD to see what I look like when I running. I've never really seen myself run other than the brief glimpse I may get while running by a reflective window so that should be neat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

F :) I hope you'll post some of those pics when you get the CD.

SRR said...

I hear ya' on the gorging! Time to rid the house of that shit!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for my DVD, too. I'll get to relive all those moments again and again when my family is tired of hearing about it!

yumke said...

I bought the DVD and am about to buy the CD.. or maybe put it on my christmas wish list.. hmm.. good luck with the race!

Triseverance said...

Four Pounds, yes I would say you need to get rid of that addictive stuff. Good luck with the 10k. I am itching to race one more time before it gets to cold. Nothing really happening around here that is fitting in.

Man you got alot of photo's I got like 3 maybe 4.

temp