Still deciding...

on Saturday, February 23, 2008 at 9:44 PM

So I still haven't decided if I'm going to Napa next weekend. I still haven't booked a flight yet.The reason being that I've been trying to figure out if I'm coming down with a cold or something. I've not feeling completely okay and have a bit of a feeling of unwellness. I've been trying to figure out if it's me just recovering or if it's me on my way to something worse.

So this past week for training was pretty uneventfull and consisted of:
Tuesday: 7 miles recovery
Wednesday: 2 miles recovery, + 4 miles (6:48 pace) + 2 miles (7:13 pace)
Friday: 5 miles recovery with a few 45 seconds bursts at 6 min/mile pace

These were all done at the treadmill at the gym. I switched into a new pair of shoes and it's been causing me a bunch of weird pains in my legs and I've been giving myself some painful massages over the past few days. I'm planning a 12 miles long run tomorrow at the gym so hopefully things will be okay for the run.

So I requested to take next Friday and the following Monday and Tuesday off. I'm not sure that it'll be granted since it is quite short notice. It usually hasn't been a problem in the past, but with the recent merger at work, they may be doing things differently now.

1 comments:

Stephen said...

If you're feeling well enough to race Napa next week , let me know. I'll try to make it out there.

PS..The weather is crappy right now, but is supposed to much better next weekend.

temp