Umm, so I signed up for a marathon tomorrow...

on Saturday, October 13, 2007 at 4:29 PM

Okay so I probably did a stupid thing. I've been diligently checking the weather forecast for tomorrow morning in the hopes that it would be blistering hot, or freezing cold with gale force winds and hail. I had hoped the bad weather would be a good excuse for me to honestly say there was no way I would be able to run a good race and so there would be no need for me to sign up. Alas, no dice. The weather forecast for race time tomorrow is almost perfect. Starting at about 9C and moving up to about 12C by noon.

This whole idea for this started at the beginning of the week when I thought I would be doing the half marathon as a training run. When I checked the registration prices, it was a whopping $80 for the half, with the full being $95. I only had to pay an additional $15, and I would get to run double the distance! What a bargain!! Kinda like buying in bulk at Costco.

I did some short runs during the week and my legs weren't too sore. I also went to see the chiropractor yesterday who did some A.R.T. on my legs and they feel pretty good now, though I still don't feel quite as good prior to last time. The plan simply is to go out at BQ pace and see how long I can hold it. If I can, great. If I can't, then I'll probably back off to long run or recovery pace or maybe even drop out. At least I won't have to second guess myself on what could have been if I skipped it. A lot can happen between now and December 2 and who knows what the weather might be in California or Arizona on that date, so I'll take my chances at an event now with pretty good conditions and hope for the best.

5 comments:

yumke said...

Wow! I had a feeling you'd do this. I know you like these conditions.

I'm going to make an effort to cheer on runners so hopefully i'll see you! Good luck!!!

L*I*S*A said...

AWESOME!!! Can we track you?

I have a very good feeling about the race. :)

yumke said...

I just did a gmaps route of the map. I love this this course. The waterfront portion is all on my daily running route (specifically on the trail)!

Looks like i'll be able to see you at the 13.5 and 22.4 mile markers (in front of my place)

Arcane said...

No tracking unfortunately.

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Wow, good luck! I did the half last year and we had to hitchhike to the start because all the buses were full (just a note :-))

temp