Race pics!

on Saturday, October 6, 2007 at 8:24 PM

First off, Good Luck to anyone running Chicago tomorrow! It looks like it's going to be a hot one so take it easy.

They posted the race pics from my marathon last weekend. Thankfully no pics of me walking.



Here's me flying along (and going too fast) at around the 17km mark.
Notice both feet are in the air!












Here's me at around the 32km mark, trying to maintain pace and breathing pretty hard.












This is me on the final stretch home. I kinda like this one with the blurred background and the fact that it looks like I have a determined look yet at the same time not too much strain on my face.










Here's me a few steps from the finish line showing some strain on my face.












Finish line pic.

9 comments:

Mike said...

great pics. don't let the non-bq get you down. this is just another step in the journey.

thanks again for the well wishes.

your non-bq-ing blogger buddy,

mike

yumke said...

Love the pics!

Sonia said...

Looking good, even in the last pics, you can see a determined face =) More thoughts on another fall marathon??? I was just thinking that Detroit is on the 21st ;-) And its pretty flat, the only real going up is at the start to enter the bridge.

I looked at Las Vegas elevation map after you left me a comment, OH MY GOD, this is insane... does not look like a walk in the park! lol

AddictedToEndorphins said...

I love the pics...your determined look never disappears.

You were like jumping in the first pic =0)

Hope the recovery is going well

Sonia said...

You know though that the stupid elevation map is in FEET right? Not in METRES!! lol That's what I was thinking... well it'S not that bad then! lol

Arcane said...

Sonya: Still haven't really decided. I've still not recovered so Toronto might not be doable. I think Detroit is probably too soon also. You're right, it's in feet but it's still about 100m in elevation gain!

L*I*S*A said...

Awesome pics, Fran!!! You rocked your marathon, even if the time wasn't what you hoped for. You can still coach me anytime! :)

jen said...

Great pictures. Funny to see that finish line picture- the guy behind you looks so pumped about his finish time but you are clearly dissapointed... that's a reminder that even on a bad day you run a time most people can only dream of! You did great out there. :)

jen said...

Great pictures. Funny to see that finish line picture- the guy behind you looks so pumped about his finish time but you are clearly dissapointed... that's a reminder that even on a bad day you run a time most people can only dream of! You did great out there. :)

temp