Week in Review

on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Did 6 miles each on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Wednesday was at 8:31 pace; Thursday, i didn't take my watch but it was slow; Friday, I did at 9:09 pace and struggled. Saturday, I did a 5k recovery run at 9:22 pace and struggled. I did a little over 10 miles yesterday at about 9:20 pace.

So i received my C hicago marathon packet thing in the mail today. I'd previously said that I wasn't doing C hicago this year, but there was always a 1% chance that i would change my mind. Now it's pretty much a certainty I won't since I found out last week that I have to be in England on the Tuesday following the marathon. It would basically mean that i would have to do the marathon, fly back to Toronto that afternoon and then leave for england the following morning. Considering that i haven't really been doing any marathon training, i would probably be in a whole lot of pain.

I was thinking of trying to sell the bib on craigslist, but i know it's a major faux pas that can get you banned in future races and i'm pretty sure that the c hicago marathon has people searching for people selling their bibs. But if i just gave it away here on my blog, they probably won't find out. So if anyone wants the bib and actually intends to do the race, you can have it for free but only if you promise to return the chip. It's for an entry in Corral B which is in the 3:10 to 3:35 finish time group, though i think you can move backwards in the corral system if you need to. I'll forward the confirmation email which will allow you to pick up the race kit. You'll have to tell them you're picking it up for me and have to show some ID and sign something and as long as you don't tell them that I'm not running the race, it should be okay. Oh yeah, please don't advertise this as I wouldn't want the powers that be to get wind of it.

5 comments:

yumke said...

Ha, if I was insane, I'd run Chicago. But no, two marathons in a month is quite enough.

So I guess you start ramping up training in November or December?

Arcane said...

Bib's gone now...

Mel-2nd Chances said...

thanks for your comments on my blog! i guess that's one of the huge benefits of blogging and getting to know other runners... the info. Too bad i got it too late. :-S

yumke said...

Tried your suggestion just now (yeah, I know you just left the comment 10 minutes ago!) It 'feels' like I have more room. I'm going for a three mile run tomorrow to test them out. Thanks! Never even occurred to me i could do that

vibram said...

Thanks for this. Maybe I could apply it.Thanks!

temp