Tagged...

on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 9:47 PM

So I was tagged by Sonia.

Here are the rules as explained to me. Copy the rules (or your version of them) and the set of questions onto your blog post, provide your own answers and then tag 5 new people. If tagged, you’ll find your name at the end of this post. To be sure everyone tagged knows they’ve been invited to play, go to their blogs and leave them a comment notifying and referring them to your blog for details. Lastly, once the chosen have answered the questions on their own blog, they should come back to yours to tell you.

Here are my responses.

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?
10 years ago, I had just graduated from University and was gainfully unemployed. Running? Hadn't heard about it nor considered it something I would ever do.

2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?
Best – Easy enough. Qualifying for Boston this spring.

Worst – Last fall, hitting the wall in my first BQ attempt and having every muscle in my legs cramp up forcing me to walk most of the last 7 km.

3. Why do you run?
I started because I remember someone telling me that I was putting on weight. This was around 2000/2001. I've always been this skinny guy and the fact that someone was telling me that I was starting to get big was a bit of a wake-up call. I was only about 160 pounds or so and went on a diet and decided to do some running to get some exercise in. Now a days, it's just something I do for fun and gives me time to clear my mind. It's me time. I guess this is why I rarely run with other people as I enjoy the solitude.

4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you’ve been given about running?
Best – Don't start out too fast in a race. Even with a constant reminder, everytime I start out too fast, i end up paying for it in the end.

Worst – Run with ankle weights as it'll make it seem easier to run when you take them off. This doesn't work AT ALL.

5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.
See this blog post.

I won't tag anyone else, but if you want to let me know and I'll post a link.

2 comments:

Triseverance said...

That ankle weight thing cracked me up. You are a fine American errr Canadian for not tagging anyone.

Sonia said...

I seem to be the one tagging you a lot! Seems a lot of us use to be overweight!

temp