LT Run

on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Yesterday: Did a little over 9 miles including 4@ LT pace. I've been doing my LT runs around the track lately but realize that this has been handicapping my pace sensing abilities. I headed to the shopping mall in the morning to do my 1 mile LT loop. Pace was surprisingly consistent with the following splits:

06:56.4
06:55.8
06:55.9
06:56.6

HR seemed about right though my HR spiked on the last mile. I had to push hard through the final mile to maintain pace.

Today: Did 3 miles recovery.

So sent my deposit in to Marathon Tours for Boston accommodations for next years marathon. The prices that MT are giving are ridiculously cheap compared to what is being offered through any other site and the cheaper hotels from MT are already getting filled so I thought I should do it sooner rather than later. I probably should have done this a month ago, but when you have 11 MONTHS till the actual race, you usually expect that you have some time left. This got me thinking of whether I should book a hotel for Chicago in the fall. On the flight over to Chicago back in 2006 my seat mate was telling me that she booked a last second room at a reasonable rate. She said that the hotels get so many cancellation in the last two weeks prior to the marathon that it's easy to wait until the last second to get a room. This seems believable, but I don't like leaving things to chance.



Speaking of trips, have you seen the latest Where the Hell Is Matt video? Check it out. Makes me smile

Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo.

Here's the low def Youtube version. I love the song, and tried to buy it but amazon won't let us Canadians buy it online. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, i found that Matt video 2 days ago and i could watch that Dancing video a million times. I LOVE the music. love it.

Love2Run said...

Thanks, that is so much fun to watch! Nice to see you're running is going well.

temp