Tempo Tuesday

on Tuesday, February 20, 2007 at 9:16 PM

10 miles this morning with 5 @ LT pace.

07:06.40
07:17.60
07:20.20
07:19.90
07:13.40


Warmed up for about 15 minutes and then started into it. It was just above freezing this morning and nice. The forecast was predicting rain for the morning and I was afraid that the shopping mall parking lot would have ice on it, but it was fine. Wore two thin long sleeve shirts and didn't have to wear my winter shell. I'd done the last two LT runs on the treadmill with progressively increasing the pace by .1 mi/hr each week. I'd hope to continue the trend by doing the LT portion at a 7:10 pace but the transition to running outside again was a bit tougher than I thought.

The last time I did this was when it was super hot where my paces were much slower and I had to stop part way through the run, so it's hard to say if I'm ahead of where I was last summer. I suspect I am but probably won't know for sure until my LT run next week.

4 comments:

jen said...

Great job! You were fast and consistant. Way to go. :)

yumke said...

i'm away from the blogosphere for two weeks and you go and change your name?! good going on keeping upt he mileage.. this past week has been a godsend for running.. today was perfect weather, wasn't it..

L*I*S*A said...

I'd kill for those split times, or it might kill me. :)

Sonia said...

hahaha like Lisa said! lol =) Good job Fran!

temp