Happy Father's Day

on Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Happy Father's Day all!

It seems at the beginning of each summer training season, I always have this one really miserable long run where I didn't drink enough the day before and didn't drink enough during the run. Well today was that one run. I wanted to do 14 miles today and though I got through it, I ended up having to walk lots at the end. I still haven't gotten used to the warm weather yet and I was sweating buckets. I carried only one thing of bottled water when i probably should have brought a gatorade bottle or my fluid bottle. My HR was spiking all over the place and i was just too dehydrated at the end. I guess I just need these types of runs to force me to remember to keep hydrated. The run is here.

Lesson learned (again).

4 comments:

Marlene said...

hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! You should definitely try the City Chase some time. It's such a crazy experience!

I had similar troubles on my run this morning. Wasn't prepared for the heat and didn't drink nearly enough yesterday. Good job getting it done.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

I need to get better at hydration too, especially with the added cycling I'm doing, I often don't feel the heat.

yumke said...

Yep, know what you mean, in fact, I drank water throughout today in prep for tonight's run.

By the way, I think I saw ya on Sunday. It was about 10:45 or 11 and I was walking near the Simcoe Wavedeck with my girlfriend and I think I saw you with a mississauga t-shirt?

Reluctant Runner said...

At least you don't hae the problem where you drink too much the night before ... different kind of drinking, I guess.

I like your focus on hydration -- you've mentioned it in other posts. It's a good reminder.

temp