Still ouch...

on Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Didn't get around to doing the 6 miles I had planned last Thursday. I tried to do 6 miles on Friday but could sense that the foot was still not right so i cut it short to 3 miles. Didn't run on the weekend. The tenderness on the inside of my leg is gone so i couldn't understand why the foot was still giving me problems. I started feeling around a bit more and noticed another tenderness on the outside of my leg which was really painful if i massaged it.

According to a reference book i have, it was the Peroneus Brevis muscle. Punched that into google and up pops this page on inflammation of the muscle and the picture to the right. The website says that symptoms are pain at the attachment point at the bottom of my foot (where the box is) which happens to be exactly where i have my pain so i'm pretty sure that inflamaton of this muscle is what i have. I'm going to try some ultrasound on it to see if that helps.

Oh here's an interesting invention. A treadmill .... on wheels. Somehow, this doesn't seem like such a great idea.

Youtube link

2 comments:

jen said...

Ugh, sorry your foot is sore. A good period of rest and lots of icing ought to heal you up fast. Hang in there!

Sonia said...

What a stupid invention LOL

Sorry to read you're still having issues with your foot... I know exactly what it is like.... take care of it.

temp