Ouch

on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 10:47 PM

I've only run once since my last post which was 5 miles on Saturday. I was supposed to do 6 miles, but the bottom of my right foot was giving me pain. It was on the outside part of my lower footand I could not continue running after 5 miles so i walked the last mile home. Never had that feeling before. I got home and started feeling around my leg and noticed that my calf was really sensitive. in fact, it feels like it was in the same spot that I had back in the winter/spring of 2007 that sidetracked me for a while. That pain was in my left leg while this was in my right leg. It might be a trigger point and so I've been giving myself painful massages the past couple of days and it seems to be getting better. I'm going to try a short run tomorrow to test it out.

2 comments:

Quinto Sol said...

Your description matches the pain I am having. I suspect it is the beginning of PF. I massaged the tender achilles area and was able to run last night w/o pain. GL.

Sonia said...

that is definitely PF and it is a HUGE problem... believe me!! It has been side tracking me for more than a year now.... take care of this now that it is in the early stages!

temp