Weird Dream

on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 8:49 PM

I don't seem to be getting enough sleep lately. In the peak of training, i was able to get by on 5-6 hour a sleep. Nowadays, i wake up tired even when i get 7 hours of rest. I had the weirdest dream last night. I dreamt that I had ran a sub 3 hour marathon and came in 2nd overall only to be disqualified (along with the first place finisher) because we somehow skipped a mile. Strange eh?

So my intention this morning was to try and get out and do a 5 mile LT run. Almost perfect weather. Cool and not windy, but I just couldn't get up to speed today. Did a slow 2 mile warmup and then was able to put out one mile at about 7:15 pace, but couldn't go any faster. I guess I haven't quite recovered from the 5k race on Sunday. It could also be because my brain thinks I ran a marathon last night. I can't say for certain. I ended up doing 8 miles today which included some walking.

I'm going to try and get to 40 miles this week and run for 6 days. I will probably reattempt the LT run on Friday.

2 comments:

yumke said...

You know what, I don't think i've had a running dream ever.. actually, i don't really remember my dreams so maybe i have.

I hear you about morning LTs.. so funny we can blast out at that pace on a race day but soo hard to do in normal day to day training..

Sonia said...

my dreams are so messed up you have no idea lol If your body is tired and give you signs you need a break take it as you're not training for anything specific right now

temp