Twas the night before...

on Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Picked up my race kit today. I finally got to see the Garmin Forerunner 405 in person at the expo. Nice little thing. I was really close to buying one. That had 7 left in stock. In the end, i was able to convince myself not to endulge. They only have the 405's with a heart rate monitor. There is supposed to be a 405 that doesn't have a HRM but those aren't available in Canada yet. If they had those, I'm pretty sure I would have bought one.

I picked up a 3:15 pace band which I will stuff in my shorts pocket as a backup in case i have to bail on the BQ attempt. 3:15:00 was my original goal in Napa and I'd like to at least try and meet that. I have a 3:10:30 pace band that I made in Excel that has km splits on them (all 42 of them) as my dreal goal. I'm going to try and run even splits for the whole race even though the first half is net downhill.

I'm sorta torn on wearing the foot pod tomorrow for pacing. I think it would be useful, but I don't like the thought of wearing this extra thing on my shoe for 26 miles. I don't quite trust garmin in key pacing situations plus it's a bit of extra weight to carry around so that's out of the question (maybe i should have bought the 405...). I have decided that I will wear my HR moinitor though so hopefully that will be useful for effort feedback.

The weather is looking good. Temperatures at start of 8C and finishing at 13C. They are still predicting some headwind towards the end, but there's nothing I can do about that now. Will try and see if I can find someone to draft off of.

I included a link in the sidebar under the timer to my on-line tracking in case anyone is interested in tracking me.

See ya on the flip side.

4 comments:

yumke said...

You're in great shape so best of luck.

Anonymous said...

You're running right now!!!!!!!

Quinto Sol said...

A HUGE congratulations!!!! Man I am so happy for you.... you did it!

yumke said...

You did it! Woo hoo! Boston! amazing run.

temp