Update

on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 at 10:09 PM

Guess I should update my blog. Last week was pretty boring. After doing calf raises last week, my calfs suffered DOMS for most of the week.

I did 9 miles last Monday at a pretty good clip. Faster than 8 min/miles

Did 8 miles on Thursday which included my first attempt at an outside LT run in a while. Tried for 5 miles @ 6:50 pace and was okay for the first 2 miles but slowed down a bit for the third mile and finished that in 6:58 but was pretty tired after that mile so I ended up stopping for about 2 minutes and then finished the last two at the proper pace.

Went to the gym on Friday and did 8 miles at 8 min/miles.

Did 16 miles on Sunday. Averaged 8:30 pace for it. I'm supposed to be doing these at 8:09 pace, but it's tough trying to build up mileage and speed. I'm really not sure how I'm going to be able train outside through the winter. I've found that this past week has been a bit of a chore to get outside to run which is not fun at all.

Did 7 miles yesterday. Most of it was probably at around 8:15 pace with a few strides thrown in. This week is supposed to be a recovery week with no hard stuff. I've been thinking of doing a 10 mile race this weekend as a training run as I'd like to get another LT run in of some sort.

5 comments:

AddictedToEndorphins said...

So, like, your amazing! Look at that training! Keep it up, bud!

Loving the snow? bahahahaha.

take care.

AddictedToEndorphins said...

P.S. What's DOMS?

L*I*S*A said...

I always have a hard time when the temps fall. Ugh...keep up the great work, though!!

Sonia said...

For Addicted: DOMS is delayed onset muscle soreness

I heard you were in Whitby today and rocked the race! Congrats! Good to see you back at full speed Francis!

Sonia said...

I forgot... you've been tagged!

temp