And the Waiting Continues...

on Friday, September 25, 2015 at 9:08 PM

So I applied to run Boston next year with my 70 seconds.  I'm 99.9% positive it won't be enough though.  The number of people who got in after week 1 is more than it has been in the previous 2 years which most likely means that the cutoff will be more than it was 2 years ago at 98 seconds and there's a good chance it may be higher than 2 minutes. 

With the cutoff being so high, I'm leaning towards not doing another marathon this year since I'm not sure I would be in a position to run a 3:12 marathon, maybe after another full training cycle, but certainly not after a 5-6 week between marathons program. 

I registered for a 10k race tomorrow which is the Korean Peace Marathon (10k) which I did last year.  It's inexpensive and would allow me to get a good tempo effort in which has been severely lacking in my training this past summer. I may also with the time left in the year take another shot at the sub-20 5k and maybe race a half which I haven't done in 5 years. 

0 comments:

temp