Entering uncharted territory...

on Monday, March 24, 2008 at 10:25 PM

Did 9 miles at a moderate pace including some strides on Friday. I think I"m going to try and do these runs at a brisker pace. I've been generally doing them at a slow pace but think it might be helpful if I bump it up a bit.

Did 5 mile recovery run on Saturday and13 miles yesterday.

Total for last week was about 43 miles.
So this upcoming week is a bit different. I'm supposed to do 55 miles which I've done before but it marks the beginning of 6 days of running a week which is new. Next week is even tougher since it requires a 65 mile week which might be a bit much. I may cut that back to 60 or so.

So i signed up for an 8k race in two weeks time. I've never done one before. 5k races I don't like, 10 k races are bearable. An 8k race, I'm not too sure of yet.

1 comments:

yumke said...

Hey, so is that the Spring Runoff? Maybe i'll see ya there. If it is, It should be a pretty big crowd in a narrowish course, so be sure to seed yourself appropriately or you'll spend a few kilometres weaving your way in and out.

I'm curious, what medium-long run pace are you doing?

temp