10 miles and Google Earth

on Thursday, June 7, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Did 10.2 miles this morning as follows:


Lap Lap Time
Lap Lap Time
1 08:59.8
7 07:58.8
2 08:28.8
8 06:58.3
3 08:28.7
9 08:10.9
4 07:55.6
10 08:10.8
5 08:12.2
11 01:35.8
6 08:04.5



I ended up doing 1 mile at LT pace (mile 8) rather than the four that I was thinking of doing. The real LT runs start next week so I guess it wouldn't really matter if I did LT miles today or not. It was really cool this morning at about 11C which was perfect running weather.

Google Earth just recently updated their satellite pictures of the Toronto area. I've been wasting lots of time doing the google earth thing looking at all the new pictures. I've also remapped a lot of my common routes. Some of my current routes are on paths that weren't present in the old Google earth pictures and now they are so I can now get a fairly accurate distance.

My A.R.T. appointment is after work tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.

4 comments:

yumke said...

Times look good.. i'm a few weeks to go before the training starts, so it'll b e cool to check out how you're doing...

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Hey! Do the path's show the distances of them? What time do you run at in the mornings??

Times look good! You're pretty fast!

Arcane said...

Google earth has a ruler feature under the tools menu that will let you trace a path on the satellite pictures. It's neat cause you can zoom all the way in and trace your exact path on the sidewalks you run on.

What time I get out to do my runs in the morning on weekdays will usually depend on how long I expect to be out for. I try and get back home by 7:30 or so. This morning I left at 6:20, so I was a bit late getting back.

Ryan said...

Great job on the double-digit runs - 10 and 14 in the same week - wow! Hope the knee thing is OK. I look forward to watching your progress.

temp