Foot pod

on Monday, July 21, 2014 at 8:05 PM

After thinking about it for a little while, I really think cadence information might be useful so I tried my luck on ebay and ended up buying a footpod from that place where we all get our cheap electronics from.... Israel.  I'm still trying to figure that one out.   Polar devices are made in Finland, so I suppose it's kind of close, but not really.  In all it was $62 US and depending on whether Canada Post does their job of screening imported stuff, there may be import charges and taxes of another $20 or so. 

Total damage will be a bit less than $90 CDN in worst case scenario.  Considering I can get a Garmin footpod from Amazon for less than $80 all in and shipped to my door next day, it's still a bit pricey, but they way I look at it, I won the Polar GPS watch in a contest so I suppose Polar deserves a bit of money from me. Shipped the old fashion way so I"m guessing that it will be at least 3 weeks until I get it.
  

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hopefully Canada Post doesn't charge anything...I've been pretty lucky with most of my imports. I have a friend who bought her diamond from Israel...no problems!

Arcane said...

Yeah, I've had pretty good luck too. I think I've only had to pay once, but with my luck this will be one of those times it gets pulled aside.

temp