Wow it’s been a while

on Monday, March 8, 2010 at 11:04 PM

So four weeks since I’ve last posted.  I’ve been meaning to post something, but I guess the Olympics got in the way (Go Canada!) as well as other stuff.  Training over these past few weeks has gone okay.  Not quite the mileage i would have liked, but okay I guess.

The lack of mileage has really killed my speed and so I’ve come to the realization that I probably won’t be racing Boston, rather I think I’ll just run it at a comfortable pace.  This was all but confirmed this past weekend where the training plan had a 15 mile run with 12 at marathon pace on and out and back route down by the lake.  Started out with 2 warmup miles, but just didn’t feel like battling the wind on the out portion.  On the way back, i bumped it out to marathon pace with the last two at an LT effort.  The marathon pace portion was at around 7:50, but considering that I had the wind at my back, it probably should have been at around 8:00 min/mile. 

Well this upcoming week is supposed to be the peak week at 55 miles and even with the crappy training so far, i’m going to try to squeeze it all in.  Thankfully the snow has all mostly melted so i can start squeezing in track workouts so maybe the speed will come back.

So, I’ve been meaning to post these calendar sayings at the beginning of each month, but I skipped February and it’s now March so you get two for one today!

february

march

Good running all!

3 comments:

Steve said...

Love your Calendars!

Who cares if you don't go fast at Boston ( you probably do). Just do it for fun.

See ya in a few weeks?

PS.. I just attended another one of Dave McGoverns racewalking clinics. Even though you're a runner,I think you'd love his clinics. These are people who walk 5 min miles or 4 hour 50k's
Just amazing.

Cindy said...

Nice...I like both-Runner's World Calendar?

Arcane said...

It's not a Runners World Calendar. It's a generic one, not affiliated with any particular mag/company

temp