On to the shorter distances

on Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Last week consisted of a whole lot of rest days and then a 3 mile recovery run on Saturday and a 10 mile long run on Sunday at about 8:40 pace.

So an 18 week training plan for Boston starts sometime at the end of November/early December. Prior to then, I'm going to take another shot at breaking 20 minutes in the 5k. I've found a bit of a support group in the Runners Worlds forums. There's a bunch of people that are all aiming for sub 20 in the 5k so it's interesting to keep track of what other's are doing training wise and performance wise.

If the 20 min 5k is successful, i may also take a shot at PR'ing in the 10k before years end. It probably doesn't help that I've eaten more chocolate over the past week than I have in the past 6 months. I still have a 95 pack of mini chocolate bars left over from Halloween that hasn't been opened. I think I'll have to bring it in for my co-workers cause I have no will power.

0 comments:

temp