Whopps

on Friday, November 21, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Whoops. I slipped off the NaBloPoMo bandwagon so I'm going to cheat and back date this post. So had the first few winter type runs this past week where it's was below zero and there was snow on the ground.  Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. So maybe I won't need a gym membership.  But it's still early and we haven't received any of that -20C garbage that we got last year.  Also, we didn't get that 6 feet of snow that Buffalo appears to be digging out of. Even though we're farther north than they are, they seem to get far more snow than we do.  They call it lake effect snow where cold arctic air blows south over Lake Ontario and picks up moisture that gets dumped when it encounters land. 

In regards to running, I'm trying to get maintenance miles in and trying to decide what races to do next year. There are the usual suspects for spring marathons here in Toronto, Mississauga and the Toronto one.  I'm also thinking of Around the Bay 30k and Harry's 8k race. Also I'm intrigued by the MEC race series, which offers no frills chip timed races. No shirt, no medal, no high fees. Typical race fees are $15.  May try a few of these next year.

0 comments:

temp