Saving some trees...

on Saturday, April 12, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Friday: Did a little over 9 miles outside. Weather was not good. Just above freezing, raining and very windy. Averaged about 8:30 pace. No fast finish. I think my fastest mile was probably around 8:20 or so.

Today: Did 6 miles of recovery. I had to really slow down to keep the HR in check. First mile was almost 10 min/mile. I ended up averaging 9:30 min/mile for the whole run. This was more than 30 seconds per mile slower than what I did on Tuesday. I ended up weighing myself after and i was below my running weight which means I was dehydrated. I was thinking of maybe trying a marathon pace run tomorrow as part of my long run, but I think I may be overtraining a bit this week. If I get a 17 mile long run in tomorrow, I will have reached the 60 mile/week mark for the first time ever. If I don't do the marathon pace run, I'll probably try for 19 or 20 miles.

So I think I solved the problem of me killing some trees. I put my Runner's World subscription on vacation hold for two months. I'm not sure if this means that they won't ship the issues at all or if they'll ship all the issues I missed when it starts back up. If it's the former, I'm saving some trees, if it's the latter, well i tried.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dude, i'm pretty sure you can also combine your subscriptions so that your total subscription just becomes longer. i've done that. anywhoo, just another options.

happy training!!

temp